Question about phone "File As" & Thunderbiird "Display"

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Phones

Question about phone "File As" & Thunderbiird "Display"

Post by Phones »

Hi,

I finally got round to upgrading to Thunderbird 3 & BirdieSync 2, but have just noticed something which seems different from the previous version..

I am syncing a PC running Thunderbird 3.1.7 on Vista 64 with an HTC Touch Pro 2 running Windows Mobile 6.1

With BirdieSync 1.7.1.3 I seem to recall that the name entered in the "Display" field of a Thunderbird contacts was used in the "File as" field on my phone, which allowed me to change the default "Sirname, Forename" to "Forname Sirname" as I prefer.

I just added a new contact in Thunderbird and set the Display field to "Forname Sirname", but when I synced it appeared the other way round on my phone.

Changing the order on the phone fixes the problem, and when I resync it remains as I wanted it in Thunderbird, but I'm sure BirdieSync 1.7.1.3 allowed me to do this from the Thunderbird contact.

Am I mis-remembering, or has this changed?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Question about phone "File As" & Thunderbiird "Display"

Post by Birdy »

Hello Phones,

It shouldn' t have changed in BirdieSync 2.2. But if you want to keep Thunderbird "Display As" field untouched and synchronize it on your Pocket PC, you may unselect "Fill Pocket 'Display Name' field 'Last name, First name' option (Thunderbird menu Options/BirdieSync/Options/Contacts/Miscellaneous).
Birdy

Phones

Re: Question about phone "File As" & Thunderbiird "Display"

Post by Phones »

Cheers,

I shall give that a go :o)

(great response time BTW - much better than mine ;o))