Calendar events created in Thunderbird won't fire on Android

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
AriMc

Calendar events created in Thunderbird won't fire on Android

Post by AriMc »

I'm having a problem with calendar events. I can create and synchronize them fine both in Thunderbird/Lighting and my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy, if it matters).

They always get transferred corretly in both directions. However, if I create an event in Thunderbird and set the reminder time, it will not create the notification on Android. The event is displayed on Android calendar in the right place and with the correct times and with the alarm clock symbol but there just isn't any life on Android when the event should fire. The notification shows and sounds properly on the PC.

If I create the event in Android and synchronize, then the events show up properly on both platforms. Looking at the properties of events created on different platforms I can not see a single different setting.

BirdieSync version is 2.3.1.0, TB is 3.1.9 and Lighting is 1.0b2.

Any ideas?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Calendar events created in Thunderbird won't fire on And

Post by Birdy »

Hello AriMc,

Could you please install BirdieSync 2.3.1.1 which has just been released (on both the Android device and the desktop) ?
This problem should be fixed in this version.
Note that it may be necessary to fully resynchronize your events to take into account the modification. I would suggest you to synchronize normally a first time, then "Reset" the synchronization of events in the "Activation" tab and then choose to "Replace" your mobile device events with Lightning ones.
Do you see some improvement ?
Thanks.
Birdy

AriMc

Post by AriMc »

Thanks Birdy, the update seemed to do the trick at least on the first try with a new event. :)

I'll try the full synch and see if my previously defined events will fire tomorrow.

AriMc

Post by AriMc »

AriMc wrote:Thanks Birdy, the update seemed to do the trick at least on the first try with a new event. :)

I'll try the full synch and see if my previously defined events will fire tomorrow.
Just confirming: previously defined events did fire OK on both platforms so it looks like the problem is totally fixed.