How does Birdiesync treat multiple TB calendars on Android?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Postnix

How does Birdiesync treat multiple TB calendars on Android?

Post by Postnix »

In Lightning you may create multiple calendars. Syncing with Android calender would result in?

Android calendar has only one calendar. How does BS deal with that?

Are all TB calendars merged into one, an then transferred to Android calendar?

And the reverse way? Where are Android calender entries tansferred to?

PS: I cannot actually test it by myself, since I'm runnung Lightning 1.0b3. Before going back to Lightning 1.0b2 I would like to know.

I tested syncing contacts but only in one way TB->Android. That worked.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: How does Birdiesync treat multiple TB calendars on Andro

Post by Birdy »

Hello Postnix,
In Lightning you may create multiple calendars. Syncing with Android calender would result in?
BirdieSync synchronizes all Lightning calendars selected for synchronization with their matching calendar on the Android device.
Android calendar has only one calendar. How does BS deal with that?
If the matching calendars don't exist on the mobile device they are created on the Android device (Android 2.2 all devices, and Android 2.1 only HTC devices).
Are all TB calendars merged into one, an then transferred to Android calendar?
No. There is a one to one matching beween the calendars in Lightning and the calendars on the Android device.
And the reverse way? Where are Android calender entries tansferred to?
Same answer.
Birdy

Postnix

Post by Postnix »

Hello Birdie,

thanks a lot.

Meanwhile, last night, i tested it myself using a fresh installation of xp and sunbird on a testing partition of my notebook.

And it turned out as you now decribe it.

Now, I must consider changing back from Lightning 1.0b3 back to 1.0b2 or waiting until BS will be updated to cover Lightning 1.0b3.

Are there plans to update BS in a foreseeable future?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Lightning 1.0b3 hasn't been officially published. And may never be because of the incoming release of Thunderbird 3.3 (the Lightning team may not have enough time to release Lightning 1.0b3 for Thunderbird 3.1). So BirdieSync will support Lightning 1.0b4 when Thunderbird 3.3 is released.
Birdy