Very Slow Speed of Sync Email from Thunderbid

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Art S

Very Slow Speed of Sync Email from Thunderbid

Post by Art S »

I am running Thunderbird 3.1.10 & Birdie 2.3.2.2. It is taking for ever to sync. 218 emails could take 2 hours?

When I finally changed from Thunderbird 2 & older Birdie it took 18 hours to Sync mails?

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Art

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Very Slow Speed of Sync Email from Thunderbid

Post by Birdy »

Hello Art,

This is not normal behavior. Mail synchronization should be far more quicker. After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization (or after the synchronization of several mails since it seems to last very long), could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

doubledip

Post by doubledip »

I have seen a couple of these threads about Thunderbird after doing a forum search. would it be safe to say Thunderbird is not the mail tool I should use if e-mail is going to be very time sensitive for business usage? I am also very open to running some kind of inbox repair tool, but I only feel comfortable working in Outlook if that is the case. Any information that could be given to me on this topic would be very helpful.
Last edited by doubledip on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello doubledip,

The time mentioned in Art's post are not common. In normal usage, synchronization of mails is quite faster. If you have problems of speed with mail synchronization, please post again or send a mail to support(at)birdiesync.com to investigate on your problem.
Thanks.
Birdy