problem with more than 128 contacts on Android

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
surftier

problem with more than 128 contacts on Android

Post by surftier »

Hello,
i´ve got a problem to sync my contacts from the Android phone to the pc. On my Phone are more than 128 Contacts in the Adressbook. On the Synchronization with Lightning the first 128 contacts are sync, but the rest are not.
I use the version actual version..

Sorry is bad english... I´m German and my last english lessons are long ago...

Andre

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: problem with more than 128 contacts on Android

Post by Birdy »

Hello Andre,

When you say that the first 128 contacts are synchronized, do you mean the contacts present in Thunderbird or on the Android device ?
To which account belong these contacts ? The local phone account, Google, another account ? (you may find this information when you view the details of the contacts: it could be displayed at the top of the contact, or as the "contact type")

BirdieSync version 2.3.2.2 only synchronizes contact belonging to the default local phone account (not Google, etc.).
The next beta version 2.3.3.0 only synchronizes contacts present in BirdieSync account. So with this version, it would be necessary to import the contacts in BirdieSync account if you want them to be synchronized in Thunderbird at the very first synchronization.
Birdy

surftier

Post by surftier »

The contact is local Phone contact.
And it´s only shown in the android phone. Not at Thunderbird...
Birdy say´s that 1 contact to synchronize is but nothing happen...
I try to edit the Contact in thunderbird und synchronize to android. it works the now i got two enties in the phone under the same contact.
one account named Telefon an the second named "only telefon ( not synchronized ) Contact". But the second was where edit from Birdie....

Andre

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It seems that the account used by BirdieSync and the "Telefon" account are different. That may explain why the contacts are not synchronized. Which model of Android device do you have ?

You may try BirdieSync 2.3.3.0 beta-c.
It now synchronizes contacts only present in BirdieSync account and avoid this kind of problems with the default local contact account.
Note that if you have contacts located in the other account, it may be necessary to import them in BirdieSync account if you want to transfer them in Thunderbird at first synchronization.
Ensure to have a recent BACKUP of your contacts before synchronizing with this version (desktop and mobile device).
Birdy

surftier

Post by surftier »

Hello
with the version 2.3.3.0 beta it work better. my android device is a LG P970 “ Optimus Black “

regards andre