Thunderbird 6.0 and 2.3.4.1

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
goofie

Thunderbird 6.0 and 2.3.4.1

Post by goofie »

Hi,

Thunderbird 6.0 is out : is birdiesync works with it ?

Thanks.

Galen

Re: Thunderbird 6.0 and 2.3.4.1

Post by Galen »

Unfortunately no. I just installed 6 and it has broken Birdiesync completely. I don't know if there is any way to hack it to work pending a new release of BirdieSync - if not I would hold off before upgrading until a new Birdiesync appears. This is going to be a continuing problem now that Thunderbird has gone on to a six week release cycle. Maybe Birdie will advise us soon?

Regards,

Bob

Olli.B

Post by Olli.B »

HI,

needless to say, but unfortunately I clicked on "Update" and now I have TB 6 without a working Birdiesync. Is there a way to roll back TB?

Regards,
Olli.B

Galen

Post by Galen »

I just got Thunderbird version 5 from the Mozilla FTP site, and just installed it over v 6. It worked just fine, but that has now broken some other extensions - however Birdiesync is OK again. The Windows ones are here.

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla ... 5.0/win32/

Regards,

Bob

krittikorn

Post by krittikorn »

Galen wrote:I just got Thunderbird version 5 from the Mozilla FTP site, and just installed it over v 6. It worked just fine, but that has now broken some other extensions - however Birdiesync is OK again. The Windows ones are here.

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla ... 5.0/win32/

Regards,

Bob
confirm I install TB5 over TB6 all add-on it comback work with no error and all mail not loss. wait for birdiesync update

To Biredie
Many add-on eg: lightning , fast dial and more now there have technique to support future version upto 5 6 7 ,

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

It seems Thunderbird release cycle has sped up a bit... Usually with major upgrades, Thunderbird/Lightning introduces a lot of changes in some interfaces and it can lead to important modifications in BirdieSync. If not, BirdieSync would not work and even crash. It will be necessary to spend some time to see if the compatibility with Thunderbird 6 is broken or not.
Birdy

Galen

Post by Galen »

Let's hope it's not to serious and won't involve you in too many changes. The update broke 10 of my 17 extensions, including Birdiesync, but most of those were just a question of upgrading the maxversion number of the extensions. However, even if it is a small thing to alter, if it's going to happen every six weeks it will be a big nuisance to you. I've been complaining bitterly about the new policy in the Mozilla newsgroups, but I'm being met with the usual "it's a free program, so tough" response. Mozilla are getting as bad as Microsoft with their "take it or leave it" attitude.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes, all these quick updates mean more work... Generation of the whole Mozilla framework, interfaces which have changed and imply modifications in BirdieSync and new testing.
BirdieSync needed to be adapted to this new version 6. Which means that it is not possible to make it necessarily compatible with the future 7.0 version since interfaces could change again...
BirdieSync 2.3.5.0 which supports Thunderbird 6.0 has just been released. The desktop version is compatible with the last version published on the App Store and the Android Market even if their version number is lower.
Birdy

Galen

Post by Galen »

Thanks, I've just got the new version. I've just written to Gervase Markham to complain about their new system, but the mail was bounced as spam. What makes us think they really aren't going to listen :-( Anyway, thanks again for all your work.

Regards,

Bob

ryanfeelmmer

Post by ryanfeelmmer »

A big big Thank for your work ( I apologize fot my bad English...)

goofie

Post by goofie »

thanks for the new version

bye! :D