Email address from Android contacts missing

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dd1303

Email address from Android contacts missing

Post by dd1303 »

Hi there,

I successfully synced my Notebook Outlook 2003 contacts to my Samsung S2 (Android 2.3.3) with MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.1 / Android Client 1.0.10.

I then emptied my other PC TB 6.0 Address book and and synchronized it with my S2 with Birdiesync 2.3.5.0 / Android Client 2.3.4.1.

Unfortunatley all contacts at the TB address book are without email addresses. And it does not seem to be a TB display problem indicated in another thread.

What to do?

Best regards,
Dietrich

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Email address from Android contacts missing

Post by Birdy »

Hello Dietrich,

Which model of Android device do you have ?
When you look at your contacts, do you have a type associated to your email address ? (home, work, custom label)
Or do you have one unique address ?
If you manually create a contact with an email address, is it then synchronized with BirdieSync ?
Thanks.
Birdy

dd1303

Post by dd1303 »

Hello Birdie,

it is a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 with Android 2.2.3 kernel version 2.6.35.7-I9100XWFK3-CL276555.

Each S2 contact can have several emails with different types: work, private, mobile, other, custom (ok it's in german saying: Arbeit, Privat, Mobil, Benutzerdefiniert).

I used MyPhoneExplorer to sync Outlook 2003 contacts and events to my S2 and nw after your questions I found out that I lost all my emails at the S2 during that step.

A test contact created at the S2 with 2 email addresses was properly synchronized to TB6.

In a nutshell: it is not a Birdiesync problem at all. Sorry for disturbing :o(

Best regards,
Dietrich

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Glad to hear this problem was not caused by BirdieSync.
But I'll switch to episode II of your post. :wink:
Birdy