Email address from Android contacts missing II

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dd1303

Email address from Android contacts missing II

Post by dd1303 »

Hi Birdie,

this time it is real.

I used KIES to synchronize my Samsung S2 GT-I9100 (Android 2.3.3) with Outlook 2003. Then I synchronized the S2 with Thunderbird 6 / Lightning 1.05b at my other PC with Birdiesync 2.3.5.0 / Client 2.3.4.1. I saw that all contacts have at most one email address left.

I think that this is because KIES tagged all email addresses with the same tag "private" instead of using different tags like "private", "work", ...

Is there any chance that Birdiesync could handle this?

Any idea otherwise?

(I used MyPhoneExplorer for Outlook 2003 instead of KIES - but after that recurring events in the calendar appear at almost every day ...)

Best regards,
Dietrich

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Email address from Android contacts missing II

Post by Birdy »

Hello Dietrich,

This situation is more difficult to handle. When you say KIES tags all email with "private" do you mean that it is a custom tag ? (different from the usual "home" email type) If yes, presently BirdieSync doesn't see it since it only synchronize email with "home" type or email with no type.
Birdy

dd1303

Re: Email address from Android contacts missing II

Post by dd1303 »

Hello Birdy,

the tag (or label) in question is indeed "home". My Android offers the following label types: work, home, mobile, other and costum (with a custom label name). There is no thing like "no type"

KIES labels / tags all emails of a contact as "home" and Birdiesync is dropping all but one of the email addresses for each contact.

Best regards,
Dietrich

PS: sorry for the late answer - I was offline for some days