Page 1 of 1

Weird contact sorting problem

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:18 am
by dbqe
Hi Birdie,

I have a weird sorting problem with the contacts on my android phone (HTC sensation). I am not sure if it is a BirdieSync or Android or even HTC issue, but maybe you can give me a hint: after initial sync with TB all my contacts are present on the phone, but approx. 70 % of them are sorted randomly within the letter 'S'. The contacts are sorted by last name on the phone, the remaining 30 % are sorted fine, the others appear below the corret sorted contacts with last names starting with 'S', but in random order (i.e. these 'unsorted' contacts show no particular order). They are shown 'correctly', e.g. "Bush, Peter", but within letter 'S'...
When checking such a contact everything looks fine (only lastname and firstname present, no additional nicknames ...). Afterwards the next contacts with starting with 'T' are sorted correct again.
I deleted all contacts on the phone, resetted sync status and resynced: identical result.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks and best regards

Re: Weird contact sorting problem

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:30 am
by Birdy
Hello Daniel,

This problem has been reported in this thread.
If you look at phonetic fields in Thunderbird contacts, are they filled with special values (filled by another tool) ? If yes, these phonetic fields would be synchronized and could lead to this sorting under the letter "S".

Re: Weird contact sorting problem

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:44 am
by dbqe
Hi Birdy,

thanks, that was it! Sorry for not searching the board in deatil: switched from WM 6.1 to Android recently and did not follow Android issues in the past...

Best regards