re-reminder

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
hw-schrauber

re-reminder

Post by hw-schrauber »

I have problems with the re-reminder function. When I set a reminder f.e. 7 days in front of an event and the reminder bell comes, I can set a new reminder f.e. 1 day before the event or +1 day from today. This I can do on the desktop and/or on the phone. But when I do it on one it isn't synchronised on the other. Is this a not supported function or maybe a bug?

regards, hw-schrauber

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: re-reminder

Post by Birdy »

Hello hw-schrauber,

On which type of mobile device do you have this problem ?
Do you have it on both sides ? When you modify the alarm on the mobile device or in Thunderbird ?
Thanks.
Birdy

hw-schrauber

Post by hw-schrauber »

Hallo Birdy,

sorry about the missing information. The details are:

Phone: HTC TD2 with WM6.5 (newest available), Birdy 2.3.5.0
Desktop: Win7, TB6.02 with Lightning 1.0B5 and also Birdy 2.3.5.0

The problem is on both sides. So when the bell comes on TB I set the new reminder +90min. TB remind me exact but on the phone nothing is happened. And vice versa. Means that when I do the same on the phone, the phone will me remind exactly but TB do nothing.

The reason, why this function is needed for example is the situation that I set an event/task on Friday 18:00h. My first reminder is maybe on Wend. 10:00 (to contact the "Fleurop-Service" :D ). Wend. comes and I will be remind and I set the new reminder with TB on Fri. 16:00h. But on Fri. afternoon I'm not in my office. And the phone don´t remind me. Can be very bad.

regards, hw-schrauber

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I checked to see if the modification of the alarm value (from 2 days to 2 hours for instance) is properly synchronized (on the mobile device or on the desktop) but it seems it is. Could you confirm this ?
Do you mean that the alarm changes are properly synchronized but that you don't get any sound or pop up reminder displayed a second time ? (as if the alarm had already been acknowleged)
Birdy

hw-schrauber

Post by hw-schrauber »

Yes, for both questions!!!

hw-schrauber

hw-schrauber

Post by hw-schrauber »

Hi Birdy,

what do you think about. Is it a buck or what is the reason why there is no sync on the re-reminder. Also, when I close an event on the Desktop or the Phone, than the event is open on the other unit. So I have to close the same event a second time on the oposit Unit.

What can I do?

hw-schrauber

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I need to do some tests to understand why the reminder is not set again. I'll do that shortly.
Birdy