Support for TB7?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
afischer

Support for TB7?

Post by afischer »

Hello,
since today there exists Thunderbird7. Do you support this release in the near future?

Best regards,
Alexander

metcas

Re: Support for TB7?

Post by metcas »

Hi I would also like an updated version for TB 7. I have found the latest version of BS 2.3.5.1 is not compatible and would prefer not to have to downgrade TB

timjohnson

Post by timjohnson »

Hi,

I am in the same boat having innocently upgraded TB and now can't sync any data. I also can't work out how to install TB back to V6 - so I'm stuffed.

Thanks.

TJ

th-bav1

Post by th-bav1 »

Hello,

Mozilla yesterday delivered the Thunderbird update to version 7.0.
When will BirdieSync be able to support this new version?

Best regards,
Thomas

cbhihe

Post by cbhihe »

Hellooooo Calicia !
Are you listening ? :?:
A lot of users are now complaining about not having access to a satisfactory upgrade path to sync their mobile agenda with TB7.
Can everybody get some sort of update from you ? Or do we need to sent individual emails to support@birdiesync.com to get your attention ?
Please don't let us down. :!: :arrow: :|
Cheers.
Laptop: Dual boot Win XP SP3 || Linux Trusty Tahr (LTS)
Cell: OS Android 4.1.2

frangipan

Post by frangipan »

Please tell us it will be soon. .. :((

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

BirdieSync 2.3.6.0 which supports Thunderbird 7.0 has just been released. :)
As for each new Thunderbird version, it is necessary to check if adaptations are necessary because of new evolutions of Thunderbird and do some testing with the official release.
The desktop version is compatible with the last version published on the App Store and the Android Market even if their version number is lower.
You may download new BirdieSync version on the usual download page.
Birdy

Philo

Post by Philo »

Let's get used to it, folks. It's been the same with TB 4 through 6 (or did it even start with TB 3?):
Every other month Mozilla releases a new version of TB incomptatible with the latest BS version. Every new release is a problem for the callicia team which they normally solve within a week.
So all we need to do is wait a few days with the next TB update.

It already became a pattern. A drag for us and for the callicia team. But the problem is the Mozilla policy of making every new version of TB oder FF imcompatible with as many addons as possible.

KingTutt

Post by KingTutt »

@Philo
Since Mozilla switched to the rapid release model for there are many add-ons which are incompatible for a while. This is because many add-ons are not hosted on Mozilla hosts directly. If so every add-on would be automatically checked if still compatible with the new release, see here (http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2011/04/ ... -releases/).

Another option is the make the compatibly test of BirdieSync with the latest beta of TB so that a release of BirdiiSync could be released one or two days before the release of TB.

frangipan

Post by frangipan »

Thank you Birdy.

ryanfeelmmer

Post by ryanfeelmmer »

Thanks a lot for the update !!!!! So coooolll :D :D :D

R.