Android - Device detected twice

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
carminou

Android - Device detected twice

Post by carminou »

Phone and Hello,

from times to times, when I sync, BirdieSync does not recognize my Android LG P970 and creates a new device. So in the activation pane, I see one device called "LG-P970", last synced yesterday (for example) and another device also called "LG-P970" [connected] and never synced.
Since I usulally crate contacts and events on the desktop, I do a full resync on this "new" device (desktop replaces mobile). This is not harmless, because if I had also crated or modified contacts or events on the mobile side, they are lost.
It happens about every one week or two...

Can someone explain me what is going on and how I could avoid this mis-function?
Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Android - Device detected twice

Post by Birdy »

Hello carminou,

Do you still have several "Android LG P970" listed in BirdieSync Activation tab presently ?
Thanks.
Birdy

carminou

Re: Android - Device detected twice

Post by carminou »

Yes, one not connected, synced 3 days ago, the other, connected, synced "less than 1 minute ago".
Weeks ago after the full resync I deleted the "old" device. This time I did not delete it and it stays there in the activation pane.