Thunderbird doesn't show the name anymore

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
palmfriend

Thunderbird doesn't show the name anymore

Post by palmfriend »

At the moment I had some trouble with thunderbird. I created 2 Profiles and try them to sync. Both profiles run under different windows accounts. First problem: Lightning shows always both calendars. If I delete one then it will be deleted on the other account two. Know I had the same effect at the address book:-(.

I have an idea where the problem is and must analyze it. How ever to get my addresse back I deleted all at Thunderbird, reset the syncronisation and sync it. Now I have all addresses back, but the name isn't shown anymore in the overview. Only if I double click on an entry first and lastname will be shown in the separate window. This is a real pain.

Niels

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird doesn't show the name anymore

Post by Birdy »

Hello Niels,

When you say "Profile", do you mean Thunderbird profile ?

BirdieSync 2.3.7.0 hast just been released and should allow you to synchronize "Display name" field. You can configure how this field must be synchronized in BirdieSync options (Thunderbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Options...", Contact panel, Miscellaneous tab). Does it help ?
Birdy

palmfriend

Re: Thunderbird doesn't show the name anymore

Post by palmfriend »

Sorry, but I don't want to upgrade Thunderbird. It's a little bit more trouble, because I must sync Thunderbrid between Windows and Linux. (BTW: Any chance to get a Linux-Version?) So I can't test. I found a backup from my thunderbird and could recover it this way. How ever I was a little bit surprised about this issue.