[FIXED] Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) - sync keeps looping

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
vegetable_lover

[FIXED] Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) - sync keeps looping

Post by vegetable_lover »

Hi there

I just put ICS on my Sensation, and BirdieSync installs and runs....but as soon as it finishes synchronising it then says "400 contacts on the desktop will be DELETED because they were deleted on the phone or are no longer synchronised". Thinking it had duplicated all 400 contacts, I selected "yes". Ooops! Contacts all gone. I'd made a backup using Mozbackup first though, so no problems. But it's like ICS isn't giving BirdieSync the information to know that the contacts on the desktop and phone are the same ones or something.

I've tried 1-way, resetting activation etc...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Last edited by vegetable_lover on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vegetable_lover

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) - sync keeps looping

Post by vegetable_lover »

I've worked it out - I opened the Android BirdieSync app, tapped "Settings", went to the Contacts tab, and noticed the "Default contact account" was set to "none". I selected "pcsc", because the other was my gmail market account. I reset the synchronisation on the Windows BirdieSync app, and re-synched - then opted to replace MOBILE contacts with DESKTOP ones (from freshly restored mozbackup). Works fine now.