[Q] How to configure Windows XP Firewall for Over The Air Sy

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ateshga

[Q] How to configure Windows XP Firewall for Over The Air Sy

Post by ateshga »

Hi,

i just had to do an reinstall of my 3,5Year old XP installation (Quite a lot i think, but i got crashes without cause).

I am having my Galaxy Nexus and Thunderbird syncing fine again through the WiFi Net at Home.

But i have to deactivate the Firewall. How do i have to set it up correctly to work allways with BirdieSync.

I am using the latest Versions of BirdieSync and Thunderbird and my XP is fully patched.

Thanx in advance
A.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: [Q] How to configure Windows XP Firewall for Over The Ai

Post by Birdy »

hello ateshga,

When you install BirdieSync, it should automatically asks the Windows firewall to authorize BirdieSync.exe process to accept incoming TCP connections (and also to establish outgoing TCP connections).
If you use an Android device and want to connect via USB, then you must also authorize adb.exe process for in/out connections. But this shouldn't be necessary if you use over the air connection.
Also thunderbird.exe must be authorized to accept incoming TCP connections (from BirdieSync.exe).
Did you check BirdieSync and Thunderbird were authorized in the Windows Firewall ? (for Private and Public profile)
Birdy

ateshga

Re: [Q] How to configure Windows XP Firewall for Over The Ai

Post by ateshga »

Hallo,

i am sure that your advice would have solved the problem (as i get allways precise and quick response here) but i couldnt test because my notebook broke down. I now have a Windows 7 Installation (luckily i could copy the files from the hdd) which is working fine now, with no firewall problems.

thanks anyway ;-)

Bye
A.