"Null" events being transfered from PC to Phone

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Walt

"Null" events being transfered from PC to Phone

Post by Walt »

Whenever I do a sync of events from my PC to my phone, I have started to get these "null" events.

None of these "null" events are displayed or shown on my PC in the Thunderbird/Lightning event calendar.

After sync'ing, they show up on my phone as a daily reoccurring event with no title, no attendees, nothing, except being an event on my phone's calendar at 5:30pm each day, for every single day (Sunday to Saturday), for like every day possible (out to infinity?).

After sync'ing, it shows up in BirdieSync's history as:

How do I get rid of this? I assume I need to delete it off my "work" folder on my PC, but since it is not displayed by Thunderbird/Lightning, I have no idea how to even start to do that.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: "Null" events being transfered from PC to Phone

Post by Birdy »

Hello Walt,

In Thunderbird, Menu Event & Tasks/Search events (must be ticked)
Then a sub-panel should be opened with all your events listed above the daily/weekly/monthly view.
You can now see all your events.

Can you find ones with empty subject ? If yes delete them (select the event in the list, Context menu: Remove event)
Then synchronize again.
Birdy

Walt

Re: "Null" events being transfered from PC to Phone

Post by Walt »

That did it! Much thanks!

I found the one entry with no subject and deleted it, re-sync'ed, and it didn't come back on my phone. Yah! :)

I guess without a subject, it wasn't appearing on my PC calendar. Or it was, but I wasn't seeing it since it was simply a blank line.

Again, thanks!