Modified serial events cannot be synchronized (TB12/Andr.4)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Queequeg

Modified serial events cannot be synchronized (TB12/Andr.4)

Post by Queequeg »

Hi Birdie,

I frequently get serial events as invitations by email. Unfortunately, modified event occurrences of these cannot be synchronized recently. I even re-installed the whole program, but it was of no help. That makes BirdieSync quite useless for me.
I use TB12 and an Android 4 Phone (SGS2).

Really hope you have a solution to this problem.

Best,
Queequeg

EDIT
Let me specify the Problem:
1. I get a serial event. - The serial gets successfully copied to the phone.
2. Some instances of this serial are modified in Thunderbird in the sense that additional information is added.
3. This modifications are not synchronized, the events in the phone remain unchanged.
4. Now, I deleted the whole calendar in the phone and reseted sync-status in BirdieSync.
5. The serial gets not copied at all to the phone now.

Any hope for help?

Best,
Queequeg

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Modified serial events cannot be synchronized (TB12/Andr

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

> Some instances of this serial are modified in Thunderbird in the sense that additional information is added.
Which information ?

Is it possible to give me the detailed characteristics of your recurring event ?
For instance, if I create a daily event with only subject filled in Thunderbird with one modified occurrence (subject modified), then this event is properly synchronized.
If I then modify another occurrence (subject modified), then this modification is properly transferred to the Android device.

> The serial gets not copied at all to the phone now.
You mean all the events or only a specific event ?

Can you confirm that this event belongs to a calendar selected to be synchronized in Thunderbird BirdieSync options ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Queequeg

Re: Modified serial events cannot be synchronized (TB12/Andr

Post by Queequeg »

Seems to work perfectly again after update of both program and app on mobile (as far as I can say at the moment). :D
Thanks a lot - the more so since BirdieSync is the only software I know really working with Thunderbird.

Best,
Queequeg