Deleted events upon sync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
doloresbf

Deleted events upon sync

Post by doloresbf »

Hi,
After upgrading to Thunderbird 12 and subsequently Birdiesync, all events (over 900!!) on my calendar were deleted both on the mobile device (Android 4) and desktop during sync. I have been struggling to recover them for 2 days with no success.
On the phone, when I open Birdiesync an clikc the Events tab I have the following:
Default event account - Birdiesync
Select accounts where calendars an be synchronized:
Phone (not selected) - 0 event
Birdiesync (selected and marked as default) - com.calicia.birdiesync - 1000 events
xxx@gmail.com (not selected) - com.google - 68 events
PC Sync (not selected) - com.htc.pcsc - 0 events

Apparently there are 1000 events somewhere related to Birdiesync. However, I cannot retrieve any of them!

The deleted events are still shown in History on desktop Birdiesync. can them be recovered from any possible file?

Could you, please, help me?
Thanks. Cheers. Maria

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Deleted events upon sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Maria,

If in BirdieSync settings, there are 1000 events displayed in BirdieSync account that should mean that the events are still there.
Don't you see these events in Android calendar app ?
Did you check that BirdieSync calendars are still selected to be visible ? (Calendar app, Menu "Calendars" or "Calendar to display")

Do you remember which version of BirdieSync or Thunderbird you had before upgrading ?
Did you upgrade your version of BirdieSync on Android ? If you did did you uninstall BirdieSync on the Android device before upgrading ? (you should not do it to avoid Android delete all BirdieSync calendars)

When you look at BirdieSync History tab, can you see all the deletions mentioned ? Were events deleted on both the Android device and the desktop ?
You said that events were deleted during synchronization. Didn't you see a warning mentioning that all these events would be deleted ?

Right after you have the synchronization, could you send your logs to support ?
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com.

Before any operation, I strongly suggest you to BACKUP your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.

Thanks.
Birdy