Email address wrong position

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Axel Larator

Email address wrong position

Post by Axel Larator »

The address fields are in revers order. The standard email is in the 2nd field. The optional email is in the first field and so very often blank,
Someone any idea?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Email address wrong position

Post by Birdy »

Hello Axel,

Which mobile device do you have ?
Do you have the problem on the mobile device ? In thunderbird ?
What are the names of the email fields on the mobile device and in Thunderbird ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Axel Larator

Post by Axel Larator »

Hi Birdie,

It's an Iphone. The fields are the standard fields, nothing changed.
Both are on the German language.

Regards
Axel

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I made some tests but couldn't reproduce the problem.
Here is what I did:
- Create a contact on the iPhone with a Home email address and a Work email address
- Synchronize this iPhone contact to Thunderbird
New contact had Home email address synchronized to "Email address" and Work email address" synchronized to "Alternative email address" as described in BirdieSync help.

Note that if you modify a contact on the iPhone and synchronize it to Thunderbird, the change for email addresses is not immediately refreshed in Thunderbird display: you have to select another address book and then select back the previous address book to see the new changes in the synchronized contact.
Birdy

Axel Larator

Post by Axel Larator »

OK, will try and find out
Axel

Axel Larator

Post by Axel Larator »

Tried it and it got worse.

The synch responded with 88 "errors". I have no 88 duplicates on the Iphone. I am pretty sure it's the titel field on the Iphone acting as culprit. The normal entries have been made in the past with Outlook. New ones with the Icloud stuff. Missing in the Icloud form was always the titel, so I added the field always. And this are my 88 duplicates´only on the Iphone. Duplicates are without the titel.
Strange part is 4 duplicates are in TB, too.

UlliB

Post by UlliB »

I used to have big problems with the synchronization of email adresses with BirdieSync. On the iPad, I'm using the app ContactsXL to manage the address book. Again and again, it happened that after synchronization, email addresses on the iPad were changed from "private email address" to "other email address". Consequently, these email addresses disappeared from the contacts in Thunderbird. I finally realized that something must be happening to the contacts outside of BirdieSync. In the settings for iCloud, I disabled the synchronization of contacts. Ever since the problems have disappeared.

Regards,
Ulrich

Axel Larator

Post by Axel Larator »

THX,

I will give that a try.
Another thing I found is, that the Iphone offers an additional field as Titel, In the Icloud on the web its the German equivalent of salutation and in Thunderbird this field doesn't even exist.

Cheers
Axel