Mailadresses are deleted

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
wagnbeu0

Mailadresses are deleted

Post by wagnbeu0 »

Hi, i changed from WIndows Mobile to Andoid, and now my Calender works fine.
The Problem I now have is that Birdiesync deleted all my mailadresses from thunderbird. In andriod all values still exist, but not in Thunderbird. How cam I get my mailadresses back?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Mailadresses are deleted

Post by Birdy »

Hello wagnbeu0,

What is the type of the email addresses you have on the Android device ? Home (synchronized to the first email address in Thunderbird) ? Work (synchronized to the second email address in Thunderbird) ? Another label ? (not synchronized)
Thanks.
Birdy

UlliB

Re: Mailadresses are deleted

Post by UlliB »

I had a very similar problem with my iPad and Thunderbird. Again and again, the mail addresses on the iPad changed from "home" to "other" and then after the next Birdie sync the mail addresses were gone from Thunderbird. I finally found out that the type change occurred every time after I synced the iPad with my PC via iTunes. The contacts on the iPad were synced with the iCloud and then with the contacts under my Windows user account. Since I stopped syncing the contacts with the iCloud, the problem is gone. As a consequence, the iPad contacts are also no longer synced with the Windows contacts, but that hasn't been a problem for me, I have no applications that would make use of the Windows contacts.

I understand that the original poster isn't using any Apple stuff, but his problem is the same as mine, in the outcome. I assume that the type change to "other" happens somewhere in the synchronization with the Windows contacts and I would look in that area for a solution to the problem.