Can I sync only contacts?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
desertman

Can I sync only contacts?

Post by desertman »

Is it possible to use BirdieSync for syncing just the contacts between Thunderbird and an iPhone, or does it only work with all features (mails, contacts, calendar)?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Can I sync only contacts?

Post by Birdy »

Hello desertman,

You can synchronize contacts and events (calendars) on your iPhone.
It is not yet possible to synchronize tasks (reminders) since Apple has only provided the technology to access reminders since iOS 6.0. Maybe task synchronization will be provided in the future.
As for mail synchronization, Apple doesn't provide any technology to access and manage mails so it's not possible to synchronize them at the moment.
Birdy

desertman

Post by desertman »

Thanks. However, I still don't know whether it is possible to sync only contacts or whether always both contacts and events have to be synced.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry, I missed what you were initially interested in. Yes you can synchronize only contacts and not events if you wish. On the desktop, in BirdieSync window, "Activation" tab, you can choose which category of items you wish to synchronize. So in your case, you can only select "Contacts" to be synchronized.
Birdy