BirdieSync crashes on Windows Mobile 6.1

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
DerOnkel

BirdieSync crashes on Windows Mobile 6.1

Post by DerOnkel »

Hi!

Today I made another update (TB 17,...) I love it! ;)

On my smartphone (HTC Touch Diamond) Birdie chrashes from time to time and the connection to the desktop-Birdie is lost. Further sync are not possible.

After restarting BirdieSync on the mobile it's okay (until the next crash). This evening I was faced by 6 crashes! :(

Any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance

Ulf

Spider

Re: BirdieSync crashes on Windows Mobile 6.1

Post by Spider »

Hey,

Strange for now i don't have that problem = this the original rom from you ?

The only thing i can think off is when you close thunderbird.
Your tilt is connected to pc.
Birdy starts thunderbird himself to sync.
Then you can get a error.

DerOnkel

Post by DerOnkel »

Spider wrote:this the original rom from you ?
It is an original ROM-Code Update provided by HTC. I used it since nearly two years with no problems so far..
Spider wrote:The only thing i can think off is when you close thunderbird.
Your tilt is connected to pc.
Birdy starts thunderbird himself to sync.
Then you can get a error.
This is definetly not the case! TB und Birdie are still running on my PC. Even a sync of the mobile is succsesfull.

Ulf

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Ulf,

First check, if your mobile device remains connected in Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center. If it's the case and if BirdieSync displays a communication failure on the desktop, that may mean that BirdieSync crashed on the mobile device.
Usually when BirdieSync crashes on Windows Mobile devices, it's because of "out of memory" problems. So you may check for instance if you didn't set a too high maximum value for mail body size or attachment size. A maximum value of 500Kb is usually recommended.
If your mobile device also disconnects in Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center, it could be that the USB cable disconnects while synchronizing because of a loose contact.

If you still have the problem, could you send your logs to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Right after you get the problem (communication failure), WITHOUT reconnecting your mobile device (it would overwrite the mobile device log by restarting BirdieSync if it crashed), send your logs with the menu "Windows Start/All programs/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Thanks.
Birdy

DerOnkel

Post by DerOnkel »

Hi!

In fact I added some mail accounts on my mobile two days ago and there was not much free memory left. Yesterday I killed this accounts to free memory.

Up to now i didn't have any problem with birdie. Thanks so far for your good hint!

I will come back, if the problem returns (hope not)

Ulf