Contacts overwritten

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
webinfo123

Contacts overwritten

Post by webinfo123 »

I am using TB 17 with Birdiesync 2.4.5.0 on my desktop. I am synchronizing with two devices (HTC Sensation with stock rom) and Nexus 7 (with rooted stock rom). Whenever I connect the Nexus 7 some (always the same) contacts are overwritten with data from another contact. All contact fields except the "Display Name" and "Skype" fields are overwritten with an contact from another addressbook.

This happens always with the same contacts and the same contacts are mixxed up. It's only one addressbook which has problems, but those contacts are overwritten with contacts (always the same) from another contact in another addressbook.

How can this happen? How can I solve this?

How/where can I see the Birdiesync version on my Android devices?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Contacts overwritten

Post by Birdy »

Hello webinfo123,

Could it be that some contacts are present with the same name in different address books ? If yes, Android could automatically "join" these contacts. For instance if yo have a Facebook contact and a Google contact, if they have the same name, Android could join these 2 contacts and display a unique one with fields coming from both.
If you EDIT your contact, you may have access to an option to join/disjoin or link/unlink your contact (how to access to this option depends on the manufacturer). So you may check if your contact is the result of the combination of several contacts.

Do you think it could explain your problem or do the contacts are completely different, with non common name ? In which case, that may be a different issue.
Did you have this problem before upgrading to 2.4.5.0 ?

You can see BirdieSync version pressing the (i) button at the bottom right of BirdieSync main screen on the Android device.
Birdy

webinfo123

Post by webinfo123 »

Birdy wrote:Could it be that some contacts are present with the same name in different address books ? If yes, Android could automatically "join" these contacts. For instance if yo have a Facebook contact and a Google contact, if they have the same name, Android could join these 2 contacts and display a unique one with fields coming from both.
I've checked the People app and clicked on the pencil icon on the Nexus and the contacts on the Sensation. The contact which also overwrote another contact on my Desktop is indeed joined. But I just see the same information twice. I cannot see the other overwritten contact.
Birdy wrote:Do you think it could explain your problem or do the contacts are completely different, with non common name ? In which case, that may be a different issue.
No, there are no similarities for these contacts. Or none which I can see at least.
Birdy wrote:Did you have this problem before upgrading to 2.4.5.0 ?
I cannot remember when I upgraded to this version, but it could be related. It happened around the same moment I upgraded TB to version 17 and Birdiesync to 2.4.5.0.
Birdy wrote:You can see BirdieSync version pressing the (i) button at the bottom right of BirdieSync main screen on the Android device.
On both devices I run version 2.3.9.0

Could it be something to do with Skype. One of the two merged contacts is always an Skype account?
The other logic is that one contact is always from one address book in TB and the other from another.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent you an email asking you for complementary information to investigate on your problem.
Birdy