Synchronisation of notes (Palm)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
discover

Synchronisation of notes (Palm)

Post by discover »

I want/need to migrate my Palm Tungsten / Palm Desktop to Lightning.

In my case, this involves:
- calendar
- contacts (including notes for each contact)
- tasks (might be excluded, there are just a few)
- notes (2200 entries, kategorized)

Does BirdieSync the synchronization of notes, as well?

ps1:
If yes, which note Thunderbird/Lightning add-on can be recommended (there are various)?

ps2:
What could me the best way to migrate?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Synchronisation of notes (Palm)

Post by Birdy »

Hello discover,

BirdieSync doesn't support Note synchronization for several reasons. Note management is not natively present in Thunderbird (you need an add-on), and there is no API (technology provided to third-party developers) to access to notes on Android devices and iPhones.

Task synchronization is not provided yet for iPhones and presently Android doesn't provide any API to manage tasks on device.

I am not familiar with Palm Desktop so I'm not the best person to advise you on how to transfer your items from Palm Desktop to Thunderbird. If possible, you may try to export your contacts in VCF format and your events in ICS format and then reimport this files into Thunderbird thanks to importing capabilities (menus "Tools/Import...", "Events & Tasks/Import...").
Birdy

discover

Re: Synchronisation of notes (Palm)

Post by discover »

Hi Birdy

Thanks for your swift reply ;-)
Birdy wrote: If possible, you may try to export your contacts in VCF format and your events in ICS format and then reimport this files into Thunderbird thanks to importing capabilities (menus "Tools/Import...", "Events & Tasks/Import...").
There are approx 1000 contacts.
The calendar lasts from 1996 until 2013 (today).
---> (How) Is a mass (single) import/export possible by VFD / ICS?