Possible to sync 2 address books to 2 different phones?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
JLJLJL

Possible to sync 2 address books to 2 different phones?

Post by JLJLJL »

I recently got a new phone for work and I would like to keep my work and personal contacts separate.

I have one computer with Thunderbird on it (of course :mrgreen: ) and 2 Android phones.

So is it possible to have separate address books for each phone and then select my personal address book to sync with my personal phone and then my work one to the work phone?

If so, would I do it by creating a separate address book and then somehow "linking" it with my new phone?

Or do I need to create a completely separate Thunderbird profile to do so?

Thanks for any help!

JLJLJL

Re: Possible to sync 2 address books to 2 different phones?

Post by JLJLJL »

So I got it to work using 2 address books using the same profile but I'm not sure if this is the optimal way.

Basically, the first thing I did was create a new address book.

Then, when I want to sync my work address book, I go to Tools > BirdieSync > Options.

There you should see the Contacts menu and then the Address book tab.

Then under "Synchronized address books" I just check the one I want to sync for that specific device.

Of course the downside is that each time I want to sync a specific device, I have to go into Options and select the correct address book.

So if anyone has any better tips, please share :D

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello JLJLJL,

At the moment there is no easy way to synchronize 2 phones with 2 different configurations. This problem should be addressed in a next version but it will take some time to be released...
Birdy

JLJLJL

Post by JLJLJL »

Thanks Birdy :) Great to hear!