Iphone & calendar issue

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
fruityjudy50

Iphone & calendar issue

Post by fruityjudy50 »

First, I apologize for posting. I am new to "smartphones" and I am not getting something in the process of setting up my iphone. I use Thunderbird and Lightning for my calendar. I got my contacts to sync, but nothing is showing up in my iphone calendar at all. When I try to do it again, I am told it will delete 214 items on my desktop because I deleted them on my phone....please help my old fart brain get this settled before I just give up. (I did search the forums and didn't find anyone with my same problem)

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Iphone & calendar issue

Post by Birdy »

Hello fruityjudy50,

No need to apologize. This forum is here to provide help. :)
On you iPhone, are your calendars synchronized with iCloud ?
If not, did you declare and access Google calendars on your iPhone ?
Thanks.
Birdy

fruityjudy50

Post by fruityjudy50 »

Hello and thanks.

No to either ICloud or google. I don't fully understand the icloud, and I thought that the birdiesync program would allow me to have to use google.

Any insight you can provide is much appreciated!

Judy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you send a mail to support(at)birdiesync.com with the logs to be analyzed ?

Right after you get the warning message regarding the deletions and the cancellation of the synchronization, could you send your logs to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it by email.

Could you also mention the names of the calendar you wish to synchronize ?
When you look at the calendar list on the iPhone ("Calendars" button in the Calendar app), does the calendar you selected to be synchronized in Thunderbird options appear ?

Thanks.
Birdy

fruityjudy50

Post by fruityjudy50 »

I was about to do this and decided to try one more time. This time it appeared to work, but partway through there was a sudden disconnection with the phone. That happened four times in a row and I can't figure out why it just stops. I am ready to just give up having a calendar on my computer, but this is really frustrating. I certainly appreciate the help so far though.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

How many events do you have in your calendar ?
Does the connection always drop when synchronizing a specific event ? (you may look at BirdieSync History tab on the PC)
Does BirdieSync app exit on the iPhone ? (which could mean that the app crashed)
Does the connection always drop after the same amount of time ?
If every few minutes while synchronizing, you press the (i) button at the bottom right of BirdieSync app (just to wake up the iPhone), do you have the same problem ?
Thanks.
Birdy

fruityjudy50

Post by fruityjudy50 »

Ok, I connected again and had it sync. It stopped at about the same time as the last time.

When I click on the history tab, nothing appears unless it is actively syncing, then I can see all the contacts that migrated. By the time I scroll down to the events, it disconnects and the history disappears.

If the program is crashing...should I reinstall on both devices?

fruityjudy50

Post by fruityjudy50 »

Yes, the app closes on the iphone.

fruityjudy50

Post by fruityjudy50 »

Ok, another update....I feel so foolish! I changed the password on both the pc and the phone. It synced without shutting off. It said over 300 items synced. There were 3 unresolved...I deleted them.

I open up the iphone calendar and nothing is there. So where is it all? When I try to sync again, I get the message that 214 items will be deleted on the desktop again. The history shows nothing at this point, it only appears when it is connected and syncing.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If BirdieSync says the items were synchronized (the difference between 300 and 240 could be that 60 items had to be deleted when you synchronized because you chose "Replace" option) and you cannot find them when you open iPhone Calendar app, this could be related to a problem with iOS: the calendar is properly created and filled with items, but at next synchronization, BirdieSync cannot find it (as your Calendar app) and so consider the items as deleted during the next synchronization.
To confirm this hypothesis, I would need the logs as mentioned in my previous posts.
Note that you can disable automatic synchronization when you connect your device (Birdiesync Window, men "File/Options...", uncheck "Launch the synchronization right after the connection of the mobile device"). Then you should be able to have a look at the history without launching the synchronization while your mobile device is connected.

So if you open your Calendar app and look at the list of your calendars (pressing the "Calendars" button), the calendar synchronized by BirdieSync doesn't exist ?
In your Calendar app, when you press the "Calendars" button, the calendars are classified in different categories (like: "On my iPad/iPhone", "On my PC", "iCloud", "Gmail...", etc.). Which categories are mentioned ?
Thanks.
Birdy

fruityjudy50

Post by fruityjudy50 »

Hi and thanks for trying to help. I will try to get the logs up so you can see them. As for the other questions...

When I click on my calendar app it brings up the calendar and nothing is there. Other than the icon for the app, there isn't anything else to click on which tells me what calendars there are to choose from. In the settings area there are a couple of calendar options, but nothing that shows a list of calendars to choose from. If this is an iphone issue perhaps I should try a different route to fix my issues.

I am trying to get the logs posted, but having periodic internet issues.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

When I click on my calendar app it brings up the calendar and nothing is there. Other than the icon for the app, there isn't anything else to click on which tells me what calendars there are to choose from. In the settings area there are a couple of calendar options, but nothing that shows a list of calendars to choose from.
On your iPhone, are you using Apple Calendar app or another third-party calendar app ? Because when you launch Apple Calendar app, you should get a view with the button "Calendars" on the left of the top menu bar and a "Plus" button on the right of the menu bar. And below you should get your calendar events (with a List, Daily and Monthly mode). If you press the "Calendars" button, then you should get the list of calendars. And there is no "Settings" directly accessible from Apple Calendar app.
Birdy

fruityjudy50

Post by fruityjudy50 »

Birdy,

Thank you so much for all your help. I don't know how (and I am not complaining) but I got it all to work. I did change some of the settings and it seems to perform as it is supposed to! I am very pleased and so sorry that you spent time trying to help when I didn't need it in the end! Just glad it all worked and this thread can be deleted if need be... :)

Gratefully,

JT

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Glad you succeeded in solving this issue. :) If you remember the settings you changed, it could be interesting to mention them.
Birdy