always wrong password

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Birgit

always wrong password

Post by Birgit »

Hello,
I just started the trial but it always tells me I have the wrong password...

PC: Win 7, 64 bit
iPhone 4, newest software

I've changed the password several times, in the programm itself and in the app. In the end I had "b" as a passwort to be really sure not to mistype it.
But it always says the password is wrong.

That's what I've done:
1) In PC I've set it under "Options" > "Verbindung" (sorry, have the German version and can't find a way to see it in English for the correct words).
There I set the password to "b"
2) Then I open the app, go to settings, put the hostname and the password "b" into the fields, save it and press the big green button.
3) Some seconds later, in the pc programm there's a warning that the passwords don't match.
4) looking into the settings (programm AND app), in the password field there are 8 ******** although I set a one-word-password. Don't know if that's a bug or a feature.

Thank you for your help!
Birgit

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: always wrong password

Post by Birdy »

Hello Birgit,

The number of characters displayed in the password field doesn't necessarily match the real length of your password.
Could you exit BirdieSync on the desktop (menu File/Exit) and BirdieSync on the iPhone (simply leave the App) and try again ? Do you still have the same problem ?
Did you check you didn't have CAPS locked ?

Can you enter the password again on both the iPhone and the desktop and try to connect.
After you get the password error, first, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected (maybe the password error will prevent this step).
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com (if you couldn't transfer the mobile device log because of the password error, skip this state).

In case you'd have problems transferring the iPhone log with BirdieSync, you may manually copy this log from iTunes file sharing.
Connect your iPhone to your desktop with the USB cable. After the iTunes synchronization, select your iPhone (click on the "iPhone" button at the top right) then click on the 'Apps' tab. Then go to 'File sharing' and select 'BirdieSync'. Finally drag and drop the file BirdieSync.log and other files if present and send them with the log archive to me.

Thanks.
Birdy

Birgit

Re: always wrong password

Post by Birgit »

Hey there,

as a windows user I should have known that restarting everything (including the laptop itself) nearly always helps.
Thanks a lot!

Birgit