Unwanted and wrong joined contacts

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
webinfo123

Unwanted and wrong joined contacts

Post by webinfo123 »

I've a very strange problem with my contacts. The contacts are joined/merged wrongly. Somehow contacts which have nothing in common are joined automatically.

This is my setup:
  • Thunderbird 17.0.5 with multiple addressbooks
  • Birdiesync 2.4.5.2 (windows)
  • Cyanogenmod 10.1 (Sensation/Pyramid), Android 4.2.2
  • Birdiesync 2.3.10.2 (android)
  • Accounts for Birdiesync, Google (Sync is off), LinkedIn (Sync is off), Nimbus (Sync is on) and Skype (Sync is on), Whatsapp (Sync is on)
When I removed Whatsapp and synced/replaced all contacts on the phone the wrong merging was solved. Syncing in combination with Whatsapp always results in wrong joined contacts.

I've searched online for similar problems, but found almost no similar cases. Does anyone have similar experiences?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted and wrong joined contacts

Post by Birdy »

Hello webinfo123,

When you say "join", you mean when several contacts are linked together on the smartphone to represent only one contact ? (you should have an option in the contact app to link/unlink contacts)
BirdieSync doesn't do any linking with contacts. If the contacts are linked with other contacts it should be done either automatically by Android or by another app. If it's Android, this linking should be based on similar First name, Last name or Display Name.
So if the problem occurs only with Whatsapp and contacts are linked based on other rules than First Name, Last Name or Display Name, could it be that Whatsapp does its own linking ?
Birdy