iOS7 problem

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
PhilHL

iOS7 problem

Post by PhilHL »

Hello :)
I just upgraded my iphone4 to iOS7 and surprise: All contacts are gone, empty.
Therefore I now wanted to sync them back from Thunderbird and even set the option to keep the Desktop-PC element in case of conflicts.
However, when I start the synchronization I get a warning that 382 elements will be deleted from my Desktop-PC since they "were deleted from the mobile device or are no longer selected for synchronization". Of course I then canceled.
What can I do?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: iOS7 problem

Post by Birdy »

Hello PhilHL,

If BirdieSync canot find the contacts on the iPhone, there are considered as deleted and therefore these deletions should be replicated in Thunderbird. To avoid this, simply RESET contact synchronization in BirdieSync Activation tab (double click on BirdieSync green synchronization icon in Windows task bar to open BirdieSync window, then click on the "Activation" tab, select "Contacts", then click on "Reset synchronization"). Then at the beginning of next synchronization, when asked to choose between "Replace" or "Combine" choose "Replace" to transfer all Thunderbird contacts to the iPhone.

Before any operation, I strongly suggest you to BACKUP your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.
Birdy

PhilHL

Re: iOS7 problem

Post by PhilHL »

Thank you, worked fine :)