Why not just exit?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
calvin-c

Why not just exit?

Post by calvin-c »

After syncing I shut down BirdieSync on my PC because it's bad practice to leave apps running that you aren't using. It's very annoying that 1) I can't shut it down using the standard Close button (Red X) and 2) when I shut it down using File|Exit it stupidly asks me if I really want to do this. Sure, if I'm working on something that requires syncing every hour then I don't want to shut it down-but do you think I'd close it at all in that case? Only if I'm an idiot, which I'm not.

I suppose that now that everybody's used to the Close button minimizing BirdieSync to the system tray it wouldn't be such a good idea to change that-but for God's sake can you get rid of that stupid warning message? Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Why not just exit?

Post by Birdy »

Hello calvin-c,

As you already suggested it in your post, the close button minimizing the application in the system tray was intended for users synchronizing frequently. And the warning message was to remind the users that synchronization will no longer be launched if BirdieSync process is not running (even if it can be obvious, some users may not understand why the synchronization is no longer launched). I'll see if it's possible to add a checkbox to no longer display the warning message or another option.
Birdy