Only able to sync once.

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ghowe

Only able to sync once.

Post by ghowe »

Samsung Galaxy Exhilerate SGH-1577, Android Version 4.0.4. I was able to connect today sync'd the contacts, shutdown (and used the File-Exit to close BirdieSync), started back up and could not establish a USB connection. I downloaded a driver from the Samsung website, no help. I have turned off and on the "USB debugging" box. I have reloaded BirdieSync on the computer. Any suggestions?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Only able to sync once.

Post by Birdy »

Hello ghowe,

If you have problems connecting via USB, I would suggest you to check this FAQ entry.
It is very detailed.

If you had previously succeeded in connecting your Android device a first time via USB, that should mean that the Android USB driver is properly installed and that the firewall configuration is correct. You may try to reboot (switch off and on) your Android device. Sometimes, the Android process managing the USB connection may need to be restarted.
Birdy

ghowe

Post by ghowe »

Birdie, your advice worked. I also got a prompt to select "Work Off-line" in Thunderbird, which I did. Now are there any tricks to get the Calendar from Thunderbird to sync with the calendar in the phone?

Thaks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It depends on the location of your initial calendar (full of events).

If your calendar is in Thunderbird, I would recommend to have BirdieSync selected as the DEFAULT event account in BirdieSync app Settings (Event tab). This way if you select this calendar to be synchronized in BirdieSync options in Thunderbird (Event Panel, Calendars tab), a new calendar with the same name will be created in BirdieSync local account and events will be copied to this new calendar.

If your calendar is on Android, create a calendar with the SAME name in Thunderbird (respect lower and upper cases). Select the account of this calendar (Phone, Google, etc.) to be synchronized in BirdieSync app Settings (Event tab). Then select this calendar to be synchronized in BirdieSync options in Thunderbird (Event Panel, Calendars tab).

Before any operation, I strongly suggest you to BACKUP your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.
Birdy