iPad restarts during calendar sync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
TrialUser

iPad restarts during calendar sync

Post by TrialUser »

I use BirdieSync for quite a while now without bigger problems. Now I reinstalled my operating system and therefore had to reinstall BirdieSync too. I synchronize with an Android phone and an iPad. The resynchronization with my phone seems to have finished successful, however with my iPad it did not. Each time it starts to synchronize my calendar it first compares entries, the starts synchronizing the calendar and suddenly the iPad restarts. That means I see a black screen, then the Apple logo and after a few seconds the login screen. So it looks like the BirdieSync App crashed. If i deactivate the calendar synchronization, everything works as expected (i.e. contacts can be synchronized without problems).

I am using BirdieSync 2.4.8.0 with Thunderbird 24.4.0 and Lightning 2.6.4. My iPad has iOS 7.1 installed.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: iPad restarts during calendar sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello TrialUser,

First disable the automatic launch of synchronization when you connect with BirdieSync (BirdieSync window, menu File/Options), uncheck "Launch synchronization right after the connection".
Connect and manually launch the synchronization with BirdieSync green button on the desktop in BirdieSync main window.
Reproduce the problem.
After reproducing the problem and the reboot, reconnect BirdieSync but don't launch the synchronization.

Transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs...".
You can send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com.

Thanks.
Birdy