Birdiesync & adb not shutting down from Task Manager

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
calvin-c

Birdiesync & adb not shutting down from Task Manager

Post by calvin-c »

First, the *real* problem is that my firewall got reset to default & sandboxed first Birdiesinc & then adb. This might be a firewall problem so I'm talking to Comodo about this too but they're blaming Birdiesync (surprise, surprise-it's *always* somebody else's problem, right?). So, the problem is that neither Birdiesync nor adb would shut down I selected 'stop process' from Task Manager. Further, they hung up Windows shutdown when I tried to reboot.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birdiesync & adb not shutting down from Task Manager

Post by Birdy »

Hello calcin-c,

> First, the *real* problem is that my firewall got reset to default & sandboxed first Birdiesinc & then adb

When does it occur ? Right after a reinstallation of BirdieSync ?
Why is BirdieSync "sandboxed" ?
Is there a link with the fact that BirdieSync or adb don't want to shutdown ?
Do you have this shutdown problem event after having logged off or rebooted your PC and restarted BirdieSync ? (to ensure that BirdieSync was not run in administration mode)
Thanks.
Birdy

calvin-c

Re: Birdiesync & adb not shutting down from Task Manager

Post by calvin-c »

I haven't re-installed Birdiesync. It's sandboxed because Comodo no longer 'knows' that I trust it. It used to but apparently one of the Comodo updates reset the rules back to default. I'm not happy about that but it's not your problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by a link but I can't reproduce it since I've told Comodo to trust it-and I don't want to erase all the rules I've set up again. I'm pretty sure it would happen after a reboot as I had to reboot between Birdiesync locking up & adb locking up. Sequence was:

Comodo sandboxed Birdiesync.
I told Comodo not to sandbox it again.
Birdiesync never appeared so I tried to use Task Manager to stop it. It wouldn't stop.
I rebooted Windows. (Windows locked up on the shut down, I had to hold down the power switch to kill it. I assume this was because Birdiesync wouldn't shut down.)
I started Birdiesync & Comodo sandboxed adb.
I told Comodo not to sandbox it again, etc.

Since adb was sandboxed after a reboot it's likely that the entire behavior would have repeated had I not told Comodo I trusted Birdiesync. Maybe I should have checked this out further before telling Comodo to trust Birdiesync but I didn't. Who knew it would refuse to stop? I still suspect it's a problem with Comodo but I'm not getting a lot of help there, mainly I posted here so you would have the info for future issues-or in case you had some ideas. Thanks.