Unable to open "Parameters" in Birdie on Android

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Laurylyan

Unable to open "Parameters" in Birdie on Android

Post by Laurylyan »

The title more or less sums it all.

Trying to sync a Samsung Galaxy Xcover2 (Android 4.1.2) with Thunderbird/Lightning on Windows 7 64

Installed Birdie on the PC and on the Mobile. Works fine
Mobile connected with USB. Works fine
Synched the contacts. Asked for "both ways" but only did it from "PC --> Mobile".
Did sync the Lightning (not tasks, not calendar). Message says no default calendar selected (more or less).

Tried to open "Parameters" in Birdie on Mobile but it stays "gray" so can't create a special calendar

I'm using the eval version of Birdie.

It's frustrating...

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Unable to open "Parameters" in Birdie on Android

Post by Birdy »

Hello Laurylyan,

Actually, it's only possible to modify settings when the Android device is not connected (unplugged in your case). Then the button should no longer be grayed out. This was to prevent from modifying the parameters in the middle of the synchronization.
Note that this behavior will change in a next version of BirdieSync...
Birdy

Laurylyan

Re: Unable to open "Parameters" in Birdie on Android

Post by Laurylyan »

It worked great, thank you :-)
Only had troubles to find what to check and where for the My Calendar item between Birdie in Android and Birdie on the PC (even more so when the Win 7 is in french... o_O and Birdie in english on the Smartphone which is also config. in french )

Now... I know... It may be too much to ask for... BUT could we have a more "precise" instal info? 8)

;-)

Now going to try to sync the tasks, if it works... :-P

Thanks a lot (again) :-D