sync of repeating events fails (both directions)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ellen

sync of repeating events fails (both directions)

Post by ellen »

Hi everybody,

since the update to TB 31 with Birdie 2.4.10.0 the sync of repeating event doesn`t work anymore.
The unique events are synchronised as usual.
For example: I`ve got a repeating event like:
- every 2nd tuesday from 8 to 9 during the 4th April to the 26th october
=> if I create a calendar entry on the desktop and sync: no entry on the mobile
=> if I create a calendar entry on the mobile and sync: max 3 events are created on the desktop (that`s really not enough for this time period)

anyone an Idea what`s wrong?

THX
Ellen

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: sync of repeating events fails (both directions)

Post by Birdy »

Hello Ellen,

I created a recurring event as you described but could successfully synchronize it to an Android device. I could also synchronize a recurring event from an Android device to Thunderbird.
Which type of mobile device do you have ?

Could you create a recurring event and synchronize again ?
At the end of the synchronization, without restarting Thunderbird or your mobile device app:
If you have an iPhone or an Android device, first, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with BirdieSync menu "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected (this menu is in BirdieSync window, not in the Log archiver window).
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs...". Select the type of mobile device and then press the "Generate" button. That will generate a BirdieSyncLog.zip file, usually in your Windows Documents directory (or in another directory if you chose another one).
Then send this file to support(at)birdiesync.com
Thanks.
Birdy

ellen

Post by ellen »

Hello Birdy,

sorry for my late answer - just a little holidays... :D
first of all - it`s Android Vers. 4.4.2 / I`ve got 4 calendars, each is synchronized

I don`t no what happened, but now it works ???
So, what I did:
I created a recurring event in one calendar on the desktop.
The entry was totally complete with name, location, date, hour and so on.
While the mobile was connected I transferred the mobile device log to the desktop and generated the log file.
Afterwards I controlled my entry on the mobile - and surprise everything was right ?!
So I compared the new entry with the not working old one: the new entry had a declared location, the old one hadn´t.
Second try: I modified the old not working recurring event on the desktop and declared a location - tataaa everything was right on the mobile
third try: to be sure, that I`m right: recurring event on desktop - no Location - then sync, mobile device log, control - this one was also right on the mobile ???
so the solution was not the location
last try: recurring event on the mobile device - then sync, mobile device log, control - everything was right on the desktop

Even if it works now, I`ve got the three logs and I can send it if you would like to.

Many thanks
Ellen

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It's difficult to identitfy at the moment the reason of this behavior. When an event if not synchronized, you may first check if an "unresolved item" is not displayed in BirdieSync and if the synchronization of the event is logged in BirdieSync History tab (to check that the event was detected as modified and then synchronized).

If you wish, you may build a log archive and send it to support. Maybe I'll find useful information in the logs.
If you remember, please mention the dates where you had the problem synchronizing your recurring event.

First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Thanks.
Birdy

ellen

Post by ellen »

Hi Birdy,

today it happened again - but I was prepared and now I have two log files with maybe useful informations.

During the first sync the recurring events were deleted on the mobile - and there was no entry on unresolved items or in the history tab.
For the second synchronization I have modified the recurring event with a description. Now the recurring event was synchronized properly.

I`ll send you the logs.

Greetings
Ellen