mobile memory full behaviour

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
cwavontuur

mobile memory full behaviour

Post by cwavontuur »

hi,

I have bumped into unwanted behavior of birdiesync.

Once the mobile contacts have reached a certain limit all new and extra contacts from Thunderbird are deleted in Thunderbird.

Wanted behavior:
- visible alarm that the maximum number of contact has been reached
- no subsequent deletion of Thunderbird contacts.

My limits are 690 - 700 contacts.
Mobile Platform is windows mobile 6.5
HTC HD2

Anybody any idea how to prevent this occurring, apart from manually checking on number of contacts.

brgds
cwavontuur

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: mobile memory full behaviour

Post by Birdy »

Hello cwavontuur,

Actually, I'm not aware of such a limit.
Did you check that there was memory left on your Windows Mobile device ? (Settings/System/memory)

Is it possible to create some test contacts in Tunderbird, synchronize them and after the deletion in Thunderbird, generate a log archive with Thunderbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

cwavontuur

Post by cwavontuur »

I will give it a try.

I think I know a way how to set it up.
Might cost me a few days to sort out.

Brgds

Spider

Post by Spider »

can it be you have something like this

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winp ... 46db1133fe

cwavontuur

Post by cwavontuur »

Hi,

The post is concerning windows live: I'm using thunderbird and thunderbird does not seem to be the cause.
For the moment I believe the HTC HD2 is limited.

Anyhow the interaction between HTC HD2 and Birdysync 2.4.10.0 / thunderbird 31.1.1 is causing deletion of contacts above a certain number.

I can create plenty of new contacts in thunderbird but the sync deletes them in thunderbird. That is why I consider the mobile to be the limiting factor.

Thanks for your assistance.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The first thing to do is to see if there is a limit on the HTC HD2 to create contacts.
First, it would be necessary to see if the number of contacts is displayed in the Contact application on your mobile device.
Then try to manually create dummy contacts on your mobile device to see if you get errors or if your contacts can be created without problem (check that you can access to these contacts again after they have been created).
Check the system memory on your mobile device to ensure there is space left (that may prevent the creation of contacts).

Send the logs to support as mentioned in my previous post to see if some specific errors can be identified after the synchronization.
Birdy