IP Address: Unknown Error (11003)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Vishara

IP Address: Unknown Error (11003)

Post by Vishara »

My mobile device (Nexus 5, Android) is not connecting to BirdieSync via WiFi. My phone does not trigger anything on my desktop when trying to connect this way. Under File/Settings/Connection on the desktop, the "BirdieSync server IP address" shows only "Unknown error (11003)". I've tried restarting BirdieSync after shutting off my firewall, but that doesn't change anything. This has been going on for about four weeks now. USB syncing also does not work, with the "Impossible to connect" message showing up on the desktop. Thanks for any help.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: IP Address: Unknown Error (11003)

Post by Birdy »

Hello Vishara,

After you opened BirdieSync menu "File/Settings/Connection" on the desktop, could you build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com ? (uncheck the including of mobile device logs)

Could you open a command prompt window ? (Windows Start menu/All programs/Accessories/Command Prompt)
Could you then enlarge the window and type:
ipconfig

Then send a snapshot of this window (Alt-Print screen to copy the selected window and then paste it in a mail) to support(at)birdiesync.com ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Vishara

Post by Vishara »

Sorry on the delay. I loaded things up, and tried the sync again, which of course worked without a problem this time around. The information under the log creation section indicates the log should be built immediately after the problem occurs. Therefore, am I correct there's no point in following the diagnostic dirction you gave, but if the problem repeats in future, do so immediately?

Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The logs are circular and old content is overwritten. That's why it's usually better to generate a log archive right after a problem occurs.
Should the problem come back, generate a log archive and send a mail to support(at)birdiesync.com
Thanks.
Birdy