Thunderbird extension initialisation failure

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Maarp

Thunderbird extension initialisation failure

Post by Maarp »

Hi there,

I've been syncing happily for ages and now my Thunderbird extension seems to have failed.

When syncing, I get the error message "Initialization failure of Birdiesync Thunderbird extension". When checking the extension options I noticed that it has dropped the profile. I am only offered "Default" as a profile but then I get "Thunderbird path is not set". Clicking on "Use Current Thunderbird" switches it to portable (which I do not use) and demands I choose a storage device.

In other words, I can't sync and am not allowed to correct the problem within the extension!

Help!

Many thanks

Maarp

Re: Thunderbird extension initialisation failure

Post by Maarp »

I've just upgraded from BirdieSync 2.4.9 to the latest version (2.4.10) and noticed that it's not compatible with the latest release of Thunderbird (24.6.0). I'm guessing that might have something to do with it.

Do you have any idea when this might be remedied?

Thanks

UlliB

Post by UlliB »

Hi, I'm using ThunderBird V.31.3.0 with BirdieSync V.2.4.10 (Extension and PC Program). BirdieSync version on the iPad is 2.3.9. Address book sync is working nicely.
Are you using Windows?

Maarp

Post by Maarp »

Hey Ullib,
Very interesting. I just assumed that my Thunderbird was the latest version. Yes, I'm a Windows guy.

Will look at upgrading Tbird today and see if it fixes the problem.

Many thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Maarp & UlliB,

BirdieSync add-on is not available on the official Mozilla add-on site, but instead is bundled with BirdieSync Setup for the PC. That's explain why Thunderbird mentions that it cannot find a new release of BirdieSync add-on compatible with Thunderbird, even if this version exists on BirdieSync web site.
When a new release of Thunderbird is available, a new version of BirdieSync is usually published a few days after (usually the next day) with a new compatible version of the add-on.
Birdy