After Sync "My event" appears in Android S9 calendar with multiple dates

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Art S

After Sync "My event" appears in Android S9 calendar with multiple dates

Post by Art S »

After Birdiesync titled "My event" appears in Android S9 calendar with multiple dates & nothing there. This has multiple occurrences and started after a Birdiesync app update. About 1-2 weeks ago.

I have to each time manually delete each post on the phone. There is no "My event" in Thunderbird 16.0.2 that I use. It is on one Thunderbird calendar & if I turn that Sync off the problem goes to another individual calendar. I have removed Birdiesync App and installed version 3.0.0.10 and it still occurs.
My Calendar Sync. goes from PC to phone only. Using Birdiesync version 2.4.4.0. on XP Pro.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: After Sync "My event" appears in Android S9 calendar with multiple dates

Post by Birdy »

Helle Art S,

Do you mean that after synchronization, you have empty events created on your Android device ?
Would you have recently added an event in your Thunderbird calendar coming from a mail invitation ? Would it be a single occurrence from a recurring event ? (like an invitation to a single date of a recurring meeting)
Thanks.
Birdy

Art S

Post by Art S »

I have events created on the phone calendar title: "My event" that are not on Lightning Calendar. Example it shows 11/18/2018 to 11/4/2020 9am - 9am. Another 1/27/19 to 7/14/2019 8am - 9am. I delete them on the phone "All events in series" and they are gone. New events or the same appear on the next sync. I never accept invitations into my calendar. Most of these are from Blank days to other blank days.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I wonder if these "My event" events on Android could not match empty events in Thunderbird. Could you check if you don't have empty events in Thunderbird calendars ? If these events are present in Thunderbird, since you synchronize in "Read only" mode, BirdieSync could recreate these events if you delete them on your Android device.

These empty events may exist on Lightning without being displayed in the daily/weekly/monthly view.
To check that, open Thunderbird menu "Events and tasks" and check "Find events" (at the bottom of the menu)
Then in the calendar tab, a list in a sub window should be displayed with all the events.
Sort them by "Title". Look then if you cannot find empty events. If yes, would you have an idea how these events could have been created ? (maybe the dates could remember you something).
Select the events with an empty subject and delete them.
Then synchronize again.
Check if your empty events have disappeared from your Android device.
Birdy

Art S

Post by Art S »

Hi Birdie,

I fixed it.
Deleted events on S9 phone. Went into Birdie options in Thunderbird & changed from PC to phone to Both Ways. Rebooted Thunderbird & Sync.
It removed the issue.
Thanks for your support!
Art