Android mail : 3600+ events in my Outgoing Folder after Sync

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ldmpub

Android mail : 3600+ events in my Outgoing Folder after Sync

Post by ldmpub »

Hi,

I have installed 3.0 beta and done the configuration with care ... then launched the first synch.

On my Android phone the result is: more than 3600 events are now in my Outlook Mail under the outgoing folder and are sent again to my contacts (I use my agenda to organize meetings with customers at least 3 meetings per day).

That's really ennoying because my contacts will receive "old" meeting invitations, maybe somme several time judging by the amont of events!

I'm currently trying to empty my Android mail outgoing folder :oops: .

What's the reason of this behaviour? Is it possible for the first sync just to synchronize event "in the future" which are less numerous and can be "accepted" / understood by my meetings attendees when received (a sort of "reminder")?

Thanks for your help,

PS: this pb already occurs in the past!
PS 2: my config
- Thunderbird under Windows
- Android with emails client configured for my corporate outlook account.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Android mail : 3600+ events in my Outgoing Folder after

Post by Birdy »

Hello dmpub,

I'm really sorry for the annoyance. I'll investigate why invitations were sent again when events were synchronized and see how this behavior can be prevented.

To select a limit to synchronize events in the past, open BirdieSync window, select Configuration view, select your Android source, select Event content and click on the the Gear button to edit the Event configuration. You can then choose the limit to synchronize past events.
If you wish to remove all events on the Android device which are before this limit and only keep recent events, tick "Delete events outside synchronization period".
So for instance, if you select 1 week in the past, and you tick "Delete events outside synchronization period", only events not older than 1 week (and future events) will be synchronized.
Birdy

ldmpub

Post by ldmpub »

Hi,

Nice to get an answer because the "annoyance" was bigger than I tought: more than 1200 events have been sent after sync with BS (among the 3600+ events generated in my outgoing Android mailbox => I managed to delete nearly half of them before they were sent !). Events have been sent twice or more and worth: some events where I was only attendee (and not organizer) were sent again to all attendes ... for instance two past corporate events were sent to more than 450 employees of my company :twisted: :twisted: .

I have noticed something very strange: events were also sent to me like "mails" but where not added to my Android / Outlook calendar.
Birdy wrote:To select a limit to synchronize events in the past, open BirdieSync window, select Configuration view, select your Android source, select Event content and click on the the Gear button to edit the Event configuration. You can then choose the limit to synchronize past events.
I have setup this limit to, at least, re-sent only future events in case of synchro "bug".

Regards,

PS : I will open other posts on this beta ... for instance I miss the ability to Delete entries in the History view (it was possible in previous BS version).

ldmpub

Post by ldmpub »

The "PS" above is closed: I have found the tiny Bin at the top right corner of history view.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I checked how invitations are managed in Android. Actually it may be specific to each account. For instance Exchange has it own way to manage it.
Could you tell me in which Android account your calendar was synchronized ? You talked about Outlook. Was it an Exchange account ?
Exchange may send invitations if the event organizer email is the same as the Exchange account email.

When you were synchronizing with BirdieSync 2.x, in which calendar were synchronized your events coming from Thunderbird ? Was this calendar located in the Exchange account ? Or another account ?
Where did you create your meeting events with attendees ? In Outlook or Thunderbird ?
If it was in Thunderbird, did you see invitations sent from the mobile device when these events were synchronized and created on the Android device ?
If you modified your attendee status in Thunderbird and then synchronized. Was a mail sent from your Android device too to the other attendees ?

Thanks.
Birdy

ldmpub

Post by ldmpub »

Birdy wrote:Could you tell me in which Android account your calendar was synchronized ?
Yes I use a "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync" account in Android 4.4.4.
Birdy wrote:Exchange may send invitations if the event organizer email is the same as the Exchange account email.
Okay but I wasn't the organizer of the Corporate meeting sent to the whole company, I was only an attendee.
Birdy wrote:When you were synchronizing with BirdieSync 2.x, in which calendar were synchronized your events coming from Thunderbird ? Was this calendar located in the Exchange account ?
Yes I was synchronising with my Exchange account: calendar and contacts.
Birdy wrote:Where did you create your meeting events with attendees ?
I create neartly 100% of my meetings in Outlook (ie business meetings).
Birdy wrote:If it was in Thunderbird, did you see invitations sent from the mobile device when these events were synchronized and created on the Android device ?
No meeting creation in Thunderbird but yes I have seen these events in my "outgoing mailbox" in my Android mail client ... hopefully that's where I managed to delete some of them before they reached all attendees (and sent only arround 1200 invitations instead of 3600 added by BS).
Birdy wrote:If you modified your attendee status in Thunderbird and then synchronized. Was a mail sent from your Android device too to the other attendees ?
I have done no change in my Thunderbird events, and didn't have the chance to look carefully to attendees in the invitation mails ... I was focused to delete all these mails.

regards,