suggestion: export config settings

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
danmal

suggestion: export config settings

Post by danmal »

Hi,
Well done on the new version of BirdieSync, I'm running it without any hiccups and very much like the new layout and features.
Can I suggest to add an "export configuration settings" option? I have to restore my system to an earlier point due to some error, but that means BirdieSync will be put back to the old version. That means I have to update again and reconfigure everything again and it would be great if I could just import saved settings.

Thanks for considering!
Daniel

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: suggestion: export config settings

Post by Birdy »

Hello Daniel,
Well done on the new version of BirdieSync, I'm running it without any hiccups and very much like the new layout and features.
Glad you like it !

It's true that having a way to backup settings and to be able to reimport them could be interesting. But note that presently, if you restore BirdieSync to an old state and update it again to a newer version, BirdieSync should automatically updates its internal settings to make them compatible with the new version. So in this case, it should not be necessary to configure all again. Did I miss something ?
Birdy

danmal

Re: suggestion: export config settings

Post by danmal »

In my case I thought I had to use a system restore point bringing me back to BirdieSync 2 (I could fortunately avoid this though). When I upgraded to 3beta I had to reconfigure everything, so I was guessing I had to do all that over again. That's why I was asking for the feature. I suppose the use of an export configuration feature would be mainly for fresh installs of BirdieSync 3, when getting a new computer or when having to reinstall windows or something. I think it would be very handy for that.