iPhone app disconnects during sync

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
wdpaine

iPhone app disconnects during sync

Post by wdpaine »

I just installed the version 3 beta (build 19) on Windows 10, and the matching version 3 build 6 app in my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4. Whenever I try to sync with Thunderbird 38.1.0, the sync begins and then the iPhone app disconnects and closes before the sync completes, usually only a few seconds after beginning, resulting in a "source disconnected" error on the desktop app. Help...?

-Bill

wdpaine

Re: iPhone app disconnects during sync

Post by wdpaine »

A follow up...

It seems that the sync might have been choking on the volume of past events in multiple calendars. I reset the sync options so that only the past 3 months were included, and then on my iPhone deleted and re-added one calendar in particular that seemed to have problems. That seems to have solved the problem--the (now empty) problem calendar on the iPhone was successfully repopulated with events from the corresponding calendar on Thunderbird, and the remaining calendars successfully synced the past three months plus all future events out to a year from now (not a lot of those to sync, so the volume didn't choke the system).

I hope this helps anyone else with a similar issue.

-Bill