standard TB Adressbook

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mcstoned

standard TB Adressbook

Post by mcstoned »

Dear Birdie, dear Community...
i do have a very annoying problem since "upgrading" from Beta to BS3.0...
I dont know how, but somehow my TB standard adressbook (personal Adressbook) disappeared on my Android... So now, the "personal Adressbook" on TB is bein synced with a "No Group" one on my mobile... so far so good... it is being synced... BUT!, when i filter my adressbooks on my mobile (i do have, or had: work, doctors, family, personal adressbook), all my "personal adresses" only appear in "all contacts" but not in my groups, as the others do... For the others, i do have a "BirdieSync" main group, with: doctors, work ... etc as "sub groups"... before there was the "personal adressbook" here as well... now it disappeared... I tried to make such a group on my mobile by hand already, but then cannot find this group in the BS Windows Desktop Window... it just does not appear here :-( ...
what can i do?
Thanks in advance

mcstoned

Re: standard TB Adressbook

Post by mcstoned »

Sorry... I think i did it... via mapping!!! :D :lol:

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: standard TB Adressbook

Post by Birdy »

Hello mcstoned,

I'll add some precisions. "No group" means "All the contacts which are not assigned to any group". Or in other words "Contacts without group". To display these contacts, you may have to select "All contacts" to be displayed on your device (it may display contacts belonging to any group, plus contact belonging to no group).

If you wish to synchronize "Personal Address Book" in Thunderbird with "No group" on your mobile device, then both must be selected as Main (since they have different names). You can control if an address is Main thanks to the gear button on the right above the address book list in Configuration view. If they are both enabled (ON), they will be then synchronized together.
More information can be found in Help documentation (menu Help/Help), section Configuration/Folder matching.

Now if you didn't want to synchronize "Personnal Address Book" in Thunderbird with "No group" on your mobile device but rather "Personal Address Book" again, then disable "No group" and enable "Personal Address Book" on your Android device. If this address book (or group) doesn't exist on your mobile device, it will appear as greyed out and will be created at next synchronization.

Note also that mapping two address books together as you successfully did is another possible option to synchronize address books with different names together. :wink:
Address books can be mapped with the black folder icon with an arrow inside on the left above the address book list in Configuration view.
More information can be found in Help documentation (menu Help/Help), section Configuration/Folder mapping.

Configuration examples are also available in Help documentation (menu Help/Help), section Configuration/Examples.
Birdy