Syncing way too often

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ssonntag

Syncing way too often

Post by ssonntag »

I am on BS3.0.0.5 for TB38.4.0.0 and every time I text, it triggers synchronizing. (Samsung Galaxy 5S)

Why? It is unnecessary to sync after a text message. I have sync configured for every 2 hours. Why does it need to do it so often?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Syncing way too often

Post by Birdy »

Hello ssonntag,

Maybe when the message is sent to a specific contact, some data in the latter is updated for some reason which triggers the synchronization (synchronization is launched when a contact or event if modified on the Android device).
Presently if a synchronization frequency is set (in your case every 2 hours), the synchronization is still launched if a contact was modified on Android (presently nothing is done in Thunderbird). This behavior was done to quickly take into account changes if they could be detected on Android (even if a synchronization frequency was set). But an alternative could be to add an option to treat (or not) modifications from the Android device in real time.
Birdy

ssonntag

Post by ssonntag »

It also seems to trigger a sync when I hang up a phone call.

Mikie

Post by Mikie »

This is happening to me too - same versions of TB and BirdieSync. Constantly synchronizing and successfully completing same. Nothing is changing on the Android device and nothing is changing on the local machine.