Unable to delete duplicate events

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
gguinchard

Unable to delete duplicate events

Post by gguinchard »

I have installed the latest version of Birdiesync on my PC with TB 38 and Ihave sync woth my Android phone.
Now I have ducplicate events on both items, and I am unable to delete them. Can someone halp me ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Unable to delete duplicate events

Post by Birdy »

Hello gguinchard,

BirdieSync may remove duplicates if events are nearly identical. If they have slight differences, it will not remove them.
To enable the removal of duplicates, enable the option with the double cards icon on the right of the main synchronization bar, or check menu "File/Remove duplicates...". Then relaunch synchronization.
Note that this option slows down the preparation of synchronization. So it is not recommended to leave it enabled if you have an important number of events.
You may find more information in BirdieSync Help (menu "Help/Help..."), in section "Synchronization/Remove duplicates...".

If you want me to investigate on the reason of these duplicates, please build a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com
Thanks.
Birdy

gguinchard

Re: Unable to delete duplicate events

Post by gguinchard »

Thanks for your Help.
I did not remark that I had just an recurent eventon every week wich was duplicated on the PC (not on the smartphone), but I have seen that there was no other duplicate ! So I have deleted this recurent event with all occurences and all is OK.