Can't Sync Calendar

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Maarp

Can't Sync Calendar

Post by Maarp »

Hi guys,

I've just reinstalled BirdieSync after moving to a new computer and cannot get the calendar on my iPhone to sync. Contacts seem to be working.

There is an error message that says "Read Write impossible while Read Only in source itself" I don't understand this as all my permissions on the Birdie Sync app are set to read/write.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Can't Sync Calendar

Post by Birdy »

Hello Maarp,

Some calendars may be read only on a source. For instance if you subscribed to a web calendar on your iPhone like a Holidays calendar or you use the Birthdays calendar (which is generated by Contact app), these calendars can only be read and never modified. In this case, it is also necessary that you also set a "Read Only" permission to these calendars in BirdieSync configuration.

So in BirdieSync server main window on your PC:
- Click on "Configuration" button to display Configuration view
- Select iPhone source in "Sources" column
- select Events in "Contents" column
- select your iPhone calendar and then above the calendar list, on the right, click on the button with 2 vertical arrows and select "Set calendar permission to Read Ony".
You may find more information in BirdieSync Help (menu Help/Help...) in section "Configuration/Permissions".

Note that once the synchronization of the iPhone calendar is Read Only, all modifications performed in Thunderbird matching calendar will be reverted to the iPhone calendar state. So when you create a new event in Thundebird, always check in which calendar you create the event. For instance, if you create an event by mistake in a synchronized Holidays calendar in Thunderbird (read only on the iPhone), it will be removed at next synchronization.
Birdy

Maarp

Re: Can't Sync Calendar

Post by Maarp »

Hi Birdie,

Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate the advice.

As I was working through your problem solving steps I realised that the Thunderbird calendar had gone into Read Only mode (I didn't even know it could do that). Anyhow, after deleting it and re-adding, problem solved and sync is happening happily!

Thanks again

Maarp