Syncronisation crashes after upgradeing to IOS 12

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Fritz

Syncronisation crashes after upgradeing to IOS 12

Post by Fritz »

Hi there,

I'm running Thunderbird 60.0 (32 Bit) on a Win 7 machine with Birdiesync 3.2.1.0, an iPhone SE with IOS 12 and the most actual Birdiesync app on it.
Since the IOs upgrade to 12 the syncronisation starts and, after some seconds, crashes with a "syncronisation failed" message on the iPhone and restarts. Same game happens until I disconnect the app from the server. I've already tried a Win 10 installation (same Thunderbird and Birdiesync add-on versions) with equal result.

Any Idea what's going wrong?

Thanks for any help
Fritz

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Syncronisation crashes after upgradeing to IOS 12

Post by Birdy »

Hello Fritz,

When you say "crashes", do you mean that BirdieSync server exits on the PC ? Or do you have an error message (which one) in BirdieSync server on the PC or a disconnection of the iPhone ?
When you say restart, do you mean that BirdieSync app on the iPhone reconnects itself to BirdieSync server on the PC ?

Do you use an app on your iPhone which could impact connections ? (like Phone Guardian for instance)

Could you please build a log archive after disabling the automatic launching of the synchronization ?

First disable the automatic launching of the synchronization when you connect your mobile device:
In BirdieSync main window on the PC, open menu "File/Options...".
Untick "Launch the synchronization right after the connection of a source".
Press OK to save the options.

Then connect your mobile device.
Build a log archive with menu "Help/Archive logs...", then send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com.

You may tick again the option after having built the log archive.

Thanks.
Birdy