Thunderbird 78.01 BirdieSync no connect

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
UlliB

Re: Thunderbird 78.01 BirdieSync no connect

Post by UlliB »

I installed the latest version for Thunderbird 78.01 and BirdieSync working fine now. Thanks for the excellent support.

Laszlo

Post by Laszlo »

Birdy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:27 am
Hello UlliB,

Thunderbird relies on Mozilla core evolutions, and Thunderbird add-ons had to be modified to adapt to new technologies and constraints.
BirdieSync can no longer be present in Thunderbird menu but you can access it thanks to a new button in Thunderbird Mail toolbar. It should be located at the right of the menu button with the 3 horizontal bars.

There is also presently a problem of connection with BirdieSync server which need to be addressed. This problem is currently under investigation and I'll do my best to have it resolved soon.
Than you for your patience and understanding.
Hi Birdie,

I have the same problem. TBird 78.1.1 (32-bit) with BirdieSinc 3.2.4.2. The two pieces of software are not able to find each other and connect. There is no button in Thunderbird Mail toolbar. There is nothing at the right of the menu button with the 3 horizontal bars.

Laszlo

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Lzalo,

If no BirdieSync button (green synchronization icon with "BirdieSync" text on the right) is displayed on the right of Thunderbird menu (icon with 3 horizontal bars), that may indicate that BirdieSync add-on is not properly loaded.

Open Thunderbird menu "Add-ons" and select "Extensions" tab.
Check BirdieSync extension state:

If BirdieSync extension is disabled, enable it.

If BirdieSync extension is not present:

Could you please uninstall BirdieSync 3.2.4.2 (DO KEEP BirdieSync data) ? Then start Thunderbird (this step is important). Then close it. Then reinstall BirdieSync. Then relaunch Thunderbird.

Then check that BirdieSync add-on is now present among add-on list and enabled.
Birdy