Thunderbird 78.01 BirdieSync no connect

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
UlliB

Thunderbird 78.01 BirdieSync no connect

Post by UlliB »

I've installed Thunderbird 78.0.1 and BirdieSync 3.2.4.1. In Thunderbird, there used to be a menu item under "Tools" to connect to BirdieSync. This item seems to be gone, at least I can't find it anymore. How do I connect BirdieSync to Thunderbird now?

brandman

Re: Thunderbird 78.01 BirdieSync no connect

Post by brandman »

Hello UlliB,
in TB 78, I was confused as well, but if take a look at the top right corner of the TB window you will find the BirdieSync Button right besides the search window.
brandman

UlliB

Post by UlliB »

I would very much appreciate some reaction to my posting. Is this a problem that is unique to my installation? Is there anything I did oversee or did wrong?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello UlliB,

Thunderbird relies on Mozilla core evolutions, and Thunderbird add-ons had to be modified to adapt to new technologies and constraints.
BirdieSync can no longer be present in Thunderbird menu but you can access it thanks to a new button in Thunderbird Mail toolbar. It should be located at the right of the menu button with the 3 horizontal bars.

There is also presently a problem of connection with BirdieSync server which need to be addressed. This problem is currently under investigation and I'll do my best to have it resolved soon.
Than you for your patience and understanding.
Birdy

bauknecht

Post by bauknecht »

I also cant get no Connection to Thunderbird. I Isstalled Birdiesyn several times

"Sorry, it was impossible to connect to BirdieSync server with IP address 127.0.0.1. Please check that the host is reachable, that BirdieSync is presently running on the host and that the firewall authorizes it to accept incoming connections."

My PC has a different IP-Adress.
Thunderbird is NOT shown in the Birdiesync-Window as a source the he Android-Phone existts in Birdie.
Birdie iss shown as an Addon in Thunderbird....

Justus-63

Post by Justus-63 »

have a simlar issue. Switched to a new computer and installed TB78 and latest Birdiesync.

In the Birdiesync window I get my Android registered (and see contacts and events there) but I can't register Thunderbird (followed the instructions to install Birdiesync for Thunderbird and set "Server is on this PC" in the TB Birdiesync setting.

But I always get an error: "Impossible to connect to Server 127.0.0.1"

UlliB

Post by UlliB »

Found the button but the connection fails. The BirdieSync add-on tries to connect to the BirdieSync server at 127.0.0.1 which fails. "Connection -> Server address" in BirdieSync says that the server address is 192.168.178.34 which is the address of my PC in the home network. That might be the correct address to use although Thunderbird and BirdiSync are on the same machine so the local loopback doesn't seem to be so far off either.

I would tell the BirdieSync add-on what the correct server address is but when I click the tooth wheel icon nothing happens.

I have no urgent need to synchronize address books so I can wait knowing that the problem is worked on.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The origin of the connection problem between Thunderbird and the server has been identified. A fix to this problem is being worked out.
Birdy

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang »

I am getting the same error (impossible to connect to server) although I am still running TB 68.10.0 with BS 3.2.3.2. Is that the same issue? It worked fine 4 days ago, then it stopped working. What happened? Maybe it was the last TB update, but that happened July 1st.
(TB hasn't offered the automatic update to 78 yet.)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

A new version 3.2.4.2 of BirdieSync which supports Thunderbird 78 has been released and fixes the problem. You may download it from BirdieSync web site.

A new version supporting Thunderbird 68 and addressing the same problem will be published soon.
Birdy

bauknecht

Post by bauknecht »

Wokrs on TB 78
thanks for fast support
:D

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

A new version 3.2.3.3 of BirdieSync supporting Thunderbird 68 has been released. You may download it from BirdieSync web site.
Birdy

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang »

Thanks a lot from my side as well. That was a really quick response. TB 68 connects again. I appreciate it - and probably lots of others too.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks. Best efforts were made to bring a quick solution to this issue.

These 2 new versions of BirdieSync also require a new version of BirdieSync app on Android. If you connect via USB, it is necessary to install Android version 3.0.0.19 which has just been submitted to the Play Store.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 3.2.0.2 and 3.2.2.4 have been released and respectively support Thunderbird 52 and 60 for users who prefer to stick to old versions of Thunderbird.

A new version 3.0.0.20 for Android has been submitted to Google Play too to support these 2 versions. It may take a few hours before Android app is available on the store.
Birdy