Problem syncing "notes" in contacts

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
eTom

Problem syncing "notes" in contacts

Post by eTom »

Hi,
I am using Thunderbird 78.4.1 (32 bit) on Win10 Pro 2004, BirdieSyn 3.2.4.2 and iPhone with IOS 14.2 (german)

Probably there have been problems synchronizing contacts (notes) between Thunderbird and my iPhone for some time.
BirdieSync synchronizes the entries with longer notes (approx. 50-200 characters) over and over and reports an "unexpected error" under "falilure".
Anyone have an idea?

eTom

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problem syncing "notes" in contacts

Post by Birdy »

Hello eTom,

This problem has been identified and a special authorization request has been sent to Apple who finally granted it. But the provided entitlement was not the one expected and would cause the loss of settings and synchronization configuration. Following review team recommendation, Apple support has been contacted to solve this problem. After many exchanges, the issue should now finally be handled by their internal team. I hope that they will be able to provide a solution soon and that it will be possible to provide a new version of the app to solve this issue in best possible way.
Birdy

eTom

Post by eTom »

Hi!
Wow, seems quite complicated. Thank you for your efforts! :)
How will we find out about the solution?
eTom

eTom

Post by eTom »

Hello!
After the first test: solved! (with app update to 3.0.0.10). :D In addition, the synchronization is much faster! :D :D
Thx!